Dr. Fairchild D. Ruggles PhD
Professor of Gender and Women's Studies,Medieval Studies,Center for Global Studies,Center for African Studies, and African American Studies
- Making Art and Architecture in Modern India: Woman’s Eye, Woman’s Hand. . 2013.
- Ruggles, D. F. Islamic Art and Visual Culture: An Anthology of Sources. . Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Islamic Gardens and Landscapes (also in Japanese trans., 2012). . Philadelphia: Univ. of Pennsylvania Press, 2008.
- "The Social and Urban Scale of Heritage." On Location: Heritage Cities and Sites. . New York: Springer, 2012.
- "Islamic Art." Art History. . Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2010.
- "From the Heavens and Hills: The Flow of Water to the Fruited Trees and Ablution Fountains in the Great Mosque of Cordoba." Rivers of Paradise: Water in Islamic Art. . London: Yale University Press, 2009.
- "From Tangible to Intangible Heritage." Intangible Heritage Embodied. . 2009.
- Ruggles, D. F. On Location: Heritage Cities and Sites. . New York: Springer, 2012.
- Ruggles, D. F., and Helaine Silverman. Intangible Heritage Embodied. . Springer, 2009.
- Ruggles, D. F. "Ideologizing the Past." International Journal of Middle East Studies 45 (2013): 574-7.
- "Ideologizing the Past." International Journal of Middle East Studies 45 (2013):
- "The Stratigraphy of Forgetting: The Great Mosque of Cordoba and Its Contested Legacy." Contested Cultural Heritage 12 (2011):
- Calligraphy, Mosques and Religious Architecture, Islamic Textiles, The Arts of Trade and Travel, Islamic Gardens, Geometry, and the Arts of the Book and Miniature Painting. 2013.