Angharad N. Valdivia
Professor of Gender and Women's Studies,Latina/Latino Studies,Latin American and Caribbean Studies,Media and Cinema Studies, and Center for Global Studies
LLS Titles & Affiliations
- Professor of Media and Cinema Studies, Affiliate of Latina/Latino Studies, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Gender & Women's Studies
- Introduction to Media Studies. . 2013.
- Mapping Latina/o Studies: An Interdisciplinary Reader. . 2012.
- Latina/os and the Media. . 2010.
- Valdivia, Angharad. Latina/os and the Media. . Cambridge, UK: Polity Press, 2009.
- Latina/o Communication Studies Today . . Ed. Angharad Valdivia. New York: Peter Lang, 2008.
- "Latinas on television and film: exploring the limits and possibilities of inclusion." The Routledge Companion to Media and Gender. . 2013.
- "The Routledge Handbook of Children, Adolescents and Media." Media and Minority Children. . 2013.
- "Media Studies: The Interdiscipline of the Present and the Future." The International Encyclopedia of Media Studies. . 2012.
- "Circuits of Visibility: Gender and Transnational Media Cultures.." Transnationalism, hybridity, and Latinidad: Gendered Discourses of Ethnicity. . 2011.
- "This Tween Bridge over my Latina Girl Back: US Mainstream Negotiates Ethnicity." Mediated Girlhoods. . 2011.
- "Socio-Economic Features and Impact on Communications." The Maule (Chile) Earthquake of February 27, 2010: Consequence Assessment and Case Studies. . 2010.
- "Space: The Possibilities and Limits of the Conversational Model." Key Concepts in Critical and Cultural Studies. . 2010.
- "Disciplining the Ethnic Body: Latinidad, Hybridized Bodies, and Transnational Identities." Governing the Female Body: Science, Media and the Production of Femininity. . 2010.
- "Mixed race on Disney Channel: From Johnnie Tsunami to the Cheetah Girls”." Mixed Race Hollywood: Multiraciality in Film and Media Culture. . 2009.
- "Latina/os and/in the Media." Politique Americaine (2013):
- "“Amnesia and the Myth of Discovery: Lessons from transnational and women of color communication scholars." Critical/Cultural Studies in Communications (2013):
- "Building a Feminist Trajectory." Communication, Culture & Critique (2011):
- "Academic Labor and Administration in Communication Studies." International Journal of Communication (2011):
- "Feminist Scholarship in the New Decade: Three Challenges to Steer Us through Turbulent Times." Women & Language (2010):
- Valdivia, Angharad. "Living in a hybrid material world: Girls, ethnicity and doll products." Girlhood Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal 1.3 (2009): 173-193.
- "Living in a hybrid material world: Girls, ethnicity and doll products." Girlhood Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal (2009):
- Valdivia, Angharad. "“Girls and Global Television: Notes on a Collaborative Effort.” ." Journal of Children and Media 2.2 (2008): 175-180.
- Valdivia, Angharad. "“Latina Girls and Communication Studies” ." Journal of Children and Media 2.1 (2008): 86-87.
- "Media Studies." Encyclopedia of Identity. 2010.