Alumna Spotlight on Mallory Edgar
"Learning more about the history of the health professions – particularly through a critical lens that considered issues of race, sex, gender, etc. – actually helped to solidify my interest in public health."
Alumna Spotlight on Jaya Kolisetty
"I think that the GWS program does a fantastic job of encouraging students to recognize and explore different forms of privilege and oppression and creates a space for students to challenge themselves to critically evaluate their beliefs and the systems in which they operate."
Undergraduate Student Spotlight on Anuoluwapo Osideko
"I have enjoyed the raw, unfiltered truth that instructors give to the class. When I enter the room they do not treat me like a student, rather as if I were their colleague constantly challenging my views and theories beyond certain issues."
- GWS Professor Teresa Barnes on Panel for Upcoming Film Screening
- Dr. Barnes will discuss Concerning Violence: Nine Scenes from Anti-Imperialistic Defence at the Art Theater Co-op.
- Mimi Thi Nguyen Writes on "Profiling Surfaces" for The Funambulist Papers
- "What cover then do clothes provide? Because clothes are both contiguous and not with what it covers — skin, flesh — it is a mutable boundary that asserts itself within a field of matter, forcing us to confront the intimacy between bodies and things, and the interface between their amalgam and the environment."
- PS 377 Topics in Contemporary Political Theory with GWS Professor Samantha Frost
Looking for a course on current political events? GWS Professor Samantha Frost will be teaching PS 377 Topics in Contemporary Political Theory: The Politics and Principles of Dissent in the Spring 2015 semester.