Alumna Spotlight on Beth Schuck
"I would highly recommend GWS course to any student at the University of Illinois, I feel that the concepts taught and discussed in GWS can apply to any career choice and help make a positive impact on every students’ educations experiences and on their future career path."
Alumna Spotlight on Sarah Madonia
"I would recommend GWS to undergraduate and graduate students because it is such a unique department and all of the courses make you look at life through a different perspective. I found that the things I learned in my GWS courses could be applied to my Communication courses and to my life in general."
Undergraduate Student Spotlight on Kathryn Booker
"GWS classes forced me to step outside of my box and look at the world from other people's perspectives, understand the importance of intersectionality and critically examine the way identity is formed and maintained in society. It allowed me to explore topics I had never previously thought about, and think about the world in a different way."
- GWS Professor Fiona I.B. Ngô interviewed by Archipelago on "Geographies of Race and Sex in Jazz Age New York"
- "This conversation with Fiona I.B. Ngô focuses on her book, Imperial Blues (2014) that develops a discourse around the simultaneous suppressive and productive aspects of race and sex through a travel in the various geo(chrono)graphies of New York in the 1920s."
- Mimi Thi Nguyen interviewed by Archipelago Podcast
- GWS Professor Mimi Thi Nguyen interviewed in recent episode of Archipelago on "Formulating Outrage: The Language of Political Struggle"
- Look for the GWS department advertisement in the Fall edition of the Daily Ilini
- The GWS ad will run in in the new student guide in the Fall semester 2014