Alumna Spotlight on Beth Schuck
"I would highly recommend GWS course to any student at the University of Illinois, I feel that the concepts taught and discussed in GWS can apply to any career choice and help make a positive impact on every students’ educations experiences and on their future career path."
Course Spotlight on GWS 590- Dialogues on Feminism and Technology
Dialogues on Feminism and Technology is a cross-disciplinary graduate seminar that’s part of a Distributed Open Collaborative Course (DOCC) in an international network of institutions and scholars called FemTechNet. This Fall 2014 course will use technology for collaborative creation and peer-to-peer sharing while still valuing local issues and face-to-face connections.
Alumna Spotlight on Sarah Madonia
"I would recommend GWS to undergraduate and graduate students because it is such a unique department and all of the courses make you look at life through a different perspective. I found that the things I learned in my GWS courses could be applied to my Communication courses and to my life in general."
- Look for the GWS department advertisement in the Fall edition of the Daily Ilini
- The GWS ad will run in in the new student guide in the Fall semester 2014
- Samantha Frost receives prestigious Conrad Professorial Scholar Award
- GWS Associate Professor Samantha Frost has been awarded the Conrad Professorial Scholar Award. These professorial scholar awards, funded by a gift from Arlys Conrad, are designed to support the work of exceptionally promising associate professors in humanities units within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Training simulations available to teach faculty, staff, and students how to better support LGBTQ students on campus
- Two new training simulations have been added to the LGBTQ website, to teach faculty, staff, and students how to better support LGBTQ students on campus.