Graduate student spotlight on Jean Lee
"I've most enjoyed the seminars and professors in the GWS program. GWS also introduced me to critical activism within and outside the university setting. That has changed how I approach my research and teaching practices."
Graduate Student Spotlight on Kate Irwin
"My favorite part about being a member of the GWS community is connecting with graduate students and faculty from other departments and campus units. I have grown as a scholar, and more generally, as a person, by hearing the different experiences and approaches to scholarship that they bring to the table."
Undergraduate student spotlight on Matt Speck
"The people in GWS are what make it so amazing as a department and a field of study. Each professor I have had and met is beautifully and uniquely eccentric, and that mix of personalities within one department leads to fascinating learning opportunities and wonderfully creative collaborations. My classmates have reflected this mix of personality, and since I often take multiple classes with the same people, I have really gotten to know them well personally and follow their progress as well as my own."
Alumna Spotlight on Esther Bier
"I enjoyed that my GWS classes created a space for me to delve into topics and theories I would have never learned anything about otherwise. I appreciated that GWS taught me how to see the world and behave differently. GWS taught me to be a critical thinker and also work to make the world a better place. I learned to say “look, this a problem,” but also to work to fix it."
- Chantal Nadeau speaks on courage at "Academic Freedom and Political Dissent: A Conversation with Katherine Franke and the Community"
- GWS Professor Chantal Nadeau spoke On Courage during a special event on Academic Freedom and Political Dissent, with Columbia Law Professor Katherine Franke
- GWS hosts conversation with Out in the Night and the New Jersey 4
- On September 22, Faculty and students attended a film screening and conversation about the documentary Out in the Night and The New Jersey 4.
- Meet the GWS student representatives!
- Undergraduate student Stephanie Skora and graduate student Jessica Pretty will serve as student representatives for the 2014/2015 academic year.